What is next?

Monday, June 27, 2011

81 Days till P2P

Last night my wife called down to Ashland and got a hotel room for us the night after the race, and the lady who answered the phone has a Son who ran the race last year and is running it again this year and she crews for him.  After my wife got a reservation, good conversation, and some great advice from this very nice lady we realized that maybe we got a smoking room, oopsies.  So she called back and got the Son who is racing this year and just got back from Western States and then they chatted for a while, and he was also very nice and helpful.  God I love the ultra community, I hope to become a real part of it someday.

Well I cranked out about 30 miles (on Wildwood in Forest Park) in 6.5 hours on Saturday.  I bonked, but it went as well as I expected.  Being on a much better diet than I have ever been on before, my stomach did not desire the Gu packets and Gu chomps that I had brought with.  I didn't want to eat them so I only had a few and ran out of energy.  Luckily I had a Larabar with me which I devoured but later my stomach was a little cranky.  Not sure if it was from the Larabar or not, but that tasted way better than even really good Gu packets.  Will have to experiment more latter with different foods and maybe even some real foods.  As soon as I had that Larabar at about mile 23 I got right back to it and felt a lot better.  

My knees have been feeling pretty great, the last two runs I have done I have followed the advice and instruction of a Chi running teacher I heard on the Podcast 3 Non-Joggers.  The podcast is almost as annoying as it is good, but this is nothing new and it is kind of their bread and butter.  The Chi running instructor is a local lady, Alice Peters, and she is a certified Chi Running Instructor so I want to try to get in to see her this summer to help some more and I think my Wife would enjoy it also!


Well I will do more gear reviews later, but feeling a little back on track and motivated!

No comments:

Post a Comment